Are you a scientist that is passionate about developing healthcare solutions? We are developing a novel medical device for infection diagnostics and are looking to strengthen our team with a senior microbiologist.
Symcel is a Swedish medtech company that develops and sells an analytical instrument for measuring cell metabolism with high sensitivity. We are located at Karolinska Institute campus in Solna with modern facilities including sales, marketing, production and R&D labs.
Symcel is home to a mix of business drivers and scientists. All with the common aim to bring our technology to use for tackling some of the world’s most acute health challenges. Our working language is English.
Discover more about Symcel and our technology by browsing through our website www.symcel.com
About the position
We are looking for a senior microbiologist, preferably with a strong background in clinical microbiology, that wants to design studies and overseeing diagnostic test development, and at the same time be in the lab reporting laboratory findings, including data analysis, interpretation, and communication of results. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of lab procedures and strong attention to detail. If you thrive in fast-paced working environments that require a professional with drive and exceptional analytical skills, then you could be our ideal candidate.
You will be a vital part of the Application development team contributing to the development of a new IVD medical device.
- Desing and execution of microbiological studies to support product development and regulatory submissions
- Analyze and interpret microbiological data and generate reports
- Ensuring the accurate recording, review and storage of laboratory generated data including sign-off for laboratory notebooks following company policy.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to develop, optimize and validate testing methods and processes
Essential for the role:
- PhD or Master's degree in Microbiology, Clinical Microbiology or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in clinical microbiology, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Experience in laboratory-based microbiological testing and data analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
Desirable for the role:
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and guidelines related to medical devices and data reporting.
- Previous experience with the development of IVD assays
- Previous work with calorimetry methods
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the position, please use the same email address.
The application deadline is September 15th but we will process applications as they come in. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and especially welcome applications from candidates already located in the Stockholm-Uppsala region. We will only reply to candidates that are selected for interviews, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the application’s deadline, we decided to move forward with other candidates.